to Resist Fuel Oil
There are three different Tnemec Coating Systems for Secondary Containment to resist Fuel Oil and/or a variety of other chemicals as follows
The 125-mil system is the best in that it is also the most abuse resistant. in that it can handle impact and heat shock. In addition to chemical and abuse resistance, due to the thickness of the system, it tends to compensate for sloppy installation of concrete floors and walls. It provides the thickness to cover joints and irregularity of CMU wall installation that frequently occurs in back of house areas like containment rooms.
Products such as Tnemec Series 215 Surfacing Epoxy and Tnemec Series 218 MortarClad are available to parge rough CMU walls and concrete walls and floors and to make transitions at inside corners at wall-to-wall and wall to floor intersections.
Moisture Vapor Transmission
In many facilities, the migration of moisture through the concrete slab prevents the use of traditional resinous flooring materials. Tnemec offers Series 241 Ultra-Tread MVT, a polyurethane modified concrete designed to reduce moisture vapor emissions prior to the application of non-breathing, polymer floor finishes. When used in conjunction with Tnemec’s ChemBloc systems, Series 241 Ultra-Tread MVT is installed underneath the secondary containment lining.
Storm Water Retention
Tnemec Series 262 Elasto-Shield® is an elastomeric coating that is applied at approximately 50 mils dry film thickness over concrete surfaces and serves as a waterproofing membrane with great flexibility (approximately 400% elongation). It is typically used in: storm retention, storm detention, gray water, fire water, cooling tower blow down and chiller water tanks. Series 264 is the potable water version of Series 262 that is used on potable water immersion.
The following describes the system:
Series 218 Mortarclad™ - Primer/filler/surfacer on concrete walls and floors (55-60 square feet per large kit (2.8 gallons) at 1/16" average thickness.
Series 215 Surfacing Epoxy - Alternate primer/filler/surface on concrete (30 square feet/gallon at 50 mils) or (15 square feet/gallon at 1/8" when filled with 210C sand).
Series 262 Elasto-Shield® - Elastomeric liner for walls and floors (approximately 20-25 square feet/gallon at total thickness of 55-60 mils or 45-55 square feet/gallon per coat when rolled on at 25 mils per coat). Available in black only.
Series 22 Epoxoline® - Epoxy primer/finish usually used on the underside of concrete ceilings to prevent water vapor from penetrating the concrete or to prevent rusting of rebar or chairs. Also used as a miscellaneous primer for steel and ductile iron prior to applying Series 262 (100 square feet/gallon per coat at 12-15 mils dft). Series 22 can also be used as an epoxy liner on walls and floors, either reinforced or unreinforced, depending on design parameters when 400% elongation is not required. Available in white. Series 22 is NSF certified.
Series V260 Tneme-Bond - Bonding agent for Series 262 or Series 264 Elasto-Shield® that is beyond recoat time or to make repairs at a later date. Use Series 260 Tneme-Bond, clear bonding primer, when you have to grind edge of cured Series 262 Elasto-Shield® to reapply more Series 262 Elasto-Shield®. Not needed during normal application process.
Series 265 Elasto-Shield® TG - Flexible caulk made from Series 262 Elasto-Shield® that occasionally may be required to fill small joints or serve as cant strip. It is normally applied in the range of 1/4“-3/8” thick and must be topcoated within 3-4 hours just like Series 262 Elasto-Sheild®.
Tnemec Series 394
PerimePrime is a primer developed by Tnemec to provide a practical solution for protecting steel at the perimeter of a building from rusting, and at the same time be compatible with a multitude of fireproofing products. In summary, Series 394 PerimePrime:
· Is a single pack, mio-zinc penetrating urethane primer for steel. No mixing is required.
· It is easy to apply, cures rapidly and will cure down as low as 20° F, depending on humidity. It must be applied at 35° F and rising.
· Has excellent corrosion resistance (10,000 hours salt fog, ASTM B117).
· Is a surface tolerant coating that can tolerate less than an SP-6. SP-3 is normally specified for steel behind the curtain wall/façade and can also be used outdoors; HOWEVER, is not as good as abrasive blasting.
· Is Slip Critical, even when applied over an SP-3.
· Can be applied in the shop or the field and can be top coated by a wide variety of coatings as well as fireproofing.
· Is compatible with many WR Grace and Isolatek products. Bond Tests per ASTM E 736 show compatibility with Grace, MK6, Z106, Z146 and Isolatek Type II and Cafco 300.
· Has UL Classification (File R21193, Project 02NK37526) for 3 hours and is compatible with ANY, UL classified spray applied fire resistive material having a max average density of 19.5 pcf. Has been tested in an actual burn at UL with Monokote MK-6 and Isolatek Type II. Webs up to 24” deep DO NOT require reinforcement.